locked thoughts

Don't spam here. We don't care if it's your birthday.
Wooper

locked thoughts

Post by Wooper »

so i was about to post a topic but i got hesitant because it's a sensitive subject. that only made me wonder, why am i having second thoughts of expressing my opinions/feelings? should i really be careful of what i say or share online?

i dare say more on the LL forums because we are all a bit crazy one way or another, but i cannot see myself openly share my thoughts/opinions on a different platform such as facebook.

it feels like i need to be careful at all times online. facebook, youtube, deviant. heck, even on messenger and whatsapp i feel unsafe to freely speak. one wrong word, one different opinion or one misunderstood joke and i'll be the worst person on the world. people will say i am wrong, an idiot, need to be in prison or just hang myself. they'd love break into my house and use me as a punching bag.

why is it that people use unpopular thoughts as a free-pass to be a assholes? why is this the new ''norm'' and accepted in the online culture? why is it that i must wear a mask and pretend to be perfect? have we forgotten to listen to 2 sides of a story or do we just don't bother anymore? why do we listen to reply, and not listen to understand?

NightLock

Re: locked thoughts

Post by NightLock »

I'm not really the most qualified member to answer this kind of questions. In fact, there's alot of ways to answer this. That said, I like to think because things have now progressed to this point of expectation from each other. (And there's also the topic and current events today to consider.)

What do I mean exactly? Well its kinda hard to express it in a few sentences overall and in the end it comes down to your own interpretation whether or not you want a reason, satisfaction, or simply leads back to your own question that keeps you on repeat forever.

Its hard to read a person on the web versus face to face. And there's always a chance to modify your answer before everyone sees it to get the end result as you said. (asshole, perfect, most agreeable comment, etc.)

With that in mind, this goes in hand with how far we come. We have alot of information. If I were to type my health symptoms, a science topic, is religion nonsense, how to get a girl, or good movies, I would get alot of results. And all of it would try its best to look like there's no other side to the story. Its final. Like some really believe if they have an aching arm, that's a symptom of certain death. It kinda shows how confusing things can be now. Sometimes its a step back to already established things like flat earth people.

In the end, our human nature, maturity, and instinct can't keep up with this culture. No one can. In the end, I guess people like what they see haha.

Others can be easily interpreted if you know their personality. They may be web perfect asshole, but in real life, they're probably easy to tear apart for who they really are.

SkorLock

Post by SkorLock »

I feel like there's a greater feeling of anonymity on one of these forums as opposed to social media.

Wooper

Post by Wooper »

NightLock wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:04 pm
Its hard to read a person on the web versus face to face.
welcome to my world :lol:
forums and chatrooms have always been my go-to to socialize. i see it on a daily basis that people misunderstand one another. it bothers me that the receiving end always assumes the worst. it is as if people take any chance they get to trash talk, go full against them verbally. as if they need to prove anything. does it make them feel any better about themselves if they can look down on others?

yes, it is easy to misunderstand one another by reading text, but the way you present it means everything. i never had problems with expressing myself, but lately nothing is acceptable anymore. any opinion which is different from the herd will be shit on, and it scares me.

example what made me start this topic; i mentioned i feel bad for the police and the situations they are in. they get ordered to be at some place to protect and supervise protests, people have zero respect for the police and are taunting them on the spot. police gets orders to push them away and they do ask people to leave (they ignore the request because protests>orders) and the moment they do something about it, it adds fuel to the fire.

i was simply feeling bad for the police. anything they do is wrong in the peoples eyes, and im getting tired of seeing the same news every day. just from posting that i was immediately hated on. i must be loving cops so i must hate on black people. i am a racist. the world is better without me. i should kill myself. that was the kind of response i got and it shocked me. not from one person, not from a few dozen. thousands. and it is still counting.

the internet has always been a place to express myself, but i dont dare to say another word. nothing i say is good and i cannot defend myself (even tho i dont understand i need to), people wouldn't listen to it. people are fed by hatred. and this is becoming the new norm online.

i hate it. can we please go back were we could just share thoughts and stories, listen to each others opinions with respect, and understand that people have different points of view?

NightLock

Post by NightLock »

Wooper wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:38 pm
can we please go back were we could just share thoughts and stories, listen to each others opinions with respect, and understand that people have different points of view?
Would be nice. I know. But it just doesn't seem possible. At least far as I know. We still got alot of life left in us. Its already harder to settle disputes that are relatively minor these days. From a world in general's point of view, we can only say sorry you feel that way and wish for the best possible outcome out there. In other perspectives, well again that's up to you how you make out of it.

For me, I have this perspective where I anticipate a day where everything that's wrong in this world will be wiped out and all the good stuff people been longing for comes. And I base this information on a source I concluded to be reliable. In doing so, it kept be more or less sane overall of why things are so and just learn to cope with it till that day comes. (Well I guess you can figure out where this is going LOL)

In any case, your best bet is to be patient with that. In some way or form, there will be opportunities for that no doubt and you'll need to be ready for it. You just gotta be whatever you're preaching about. Not give up. Keep looking. Take steps. Expect losses. Let them see what you're all about in the end and not like what everyone else is that they conclude in the end, even if it takes a billion attempts. And most importantly, find something or someone to keep you strong. And I ain't talking about your phone, your nearest liquor store, finding a lover, or any stuff like that.

You probably already know that I'm sure. But sometimes its just nice to hear it from someone else saying something you may be somewhat familiar with. Helps to know your world isn't exactly that small all things considered. =P