Tell me stories of the old forums

Don't spam here. We don't care if it's your birthday.
Imp Lock

Tell me stories of the old forums

Post by Imp Lock »

were they active?
how many posts a day?

Wooper

Re: Tell me stories of the old forums

Post by Wooper »

a good +/- 10 people were actively posting every evening. in several different topics.
i think within a week a topic would be bumped onto the 2nd page if it was inactive.

people actually posted full sentences and wrote down their thoughts down in detail. it rarely were short replies without meaning. on forums i always felt more comfortable because i can take my time to write things down. i believe most people on the forums were like that.

its one of the reasons why i prefer a forum over some shitty chatbox like Discord. you could easily find back a topic from a day or two ago and jump right into the discussion. on Discord i always feel bad to bring up a topic from a hour ago because it goes so damn fast. its why i rarely say something.
shitty timezones :evil:

Courgette

Post by Courgette »

Social congregates like Facebook and Discord have made people too impatient for the slow but focussed flow of a forum.
And by people I mean me.

Imp Lock

Post by Imp Lock »

Wooper wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:05 pm
a good +/- 10 people were actively posting every evening. in several different topics.
i think within a week a topic would be bumped onto the 2nd page if it was inactive.

people actually posted full sentences and wrote down their thoughts down in detail. it rarely were short replies without meaning. on forums i always felt more comfortable because i can take my time to write things down. i believe most people on the forums were like that.

its one of the reasons why i prefer a forum over some shitty chatbox like Discord. you could easily find back a topic from a day or two ago and jump right into the discussion. on Discord i always feel bad to bring up a topic from a hour ago because it goes so damn fast. its why i rarely say something.
shitty timezones :evil:
Well post more often we can revive the forums activity together. and i asked zteagh to make a channel to post forum posts on to inspire more activity on the forums :)

Wooper

Post by Wooper »

Imp Lock wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:19 am
Well post more often we can revive the forums activity together. and i asked zteagh to make a channel to post forum posts on to inspire more activity on the forums :)
i highly doubt that would be possible. the idea of forums is outdated and Discord is the new go-to for communities. it takes more than a few people posting. it needs to be interesting and fun. but lets be real; this forum has some 2005'ish looks to it and it simply doesn't attract to newer generations.

ill just sit on the sidelines of Discord and turn into a grumpy old hag nagging about how good the times were of forums and how shitty Discord really is.

Samegame

Post by Samegame »

Wooper wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:42 pm
Imp Lock wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:19 am
i highly doubt that would be possible. the idea of forums is outdated and Discord is the new go-to for communities. it takes more than a few people posting. it needs to be interesting and fun. but lets be real; this forum has some 2005'ish looks to it and it simply doesn't attract to newer generations.

ill just sit on the sidelines of Discord and turn into a grumpy old hag nagging about how good the times were of forums and how shitty Discord really is.
I agree! harumph