myst

im in ur base killin ur doodz
Wooper

myst

Post by Wooper »

i just played Myst for the first time (in vr but still its a import of a shitty old game).
i am honestly surprised how good and satisfying it is to actually make progress in a puzzle game that doesnt hold your hand.

i honestly got goosebumps when stuff connected. this is what puzzle games should be like.
i want more games like these.

where did we go so wrong that connect3, bejeweled, merging is considered puzzling?

Samegame

Re: myst

Post by Samegame »

I could never figure out Myst, but I only tried it as like a 7 or 8 year old so I wasn't ready for it. What was the coolest puzzle you solved?

Wooper

Post by Wooper »

it are not really puzzles, you just have to connect the dots. if you find the right lead you can find your way through the game.
it doesnt feel like a puzzle to me. but i think it helps that i play in VR. im looking around more, im touching things, picking things up. i even accidentally hit a lever that leads to several clue's if the towers rotated correctly. when i look back at that lever i got to admit its hidden in a clever way, but also pretty obvious if you look at it. there's logic behind it, but if you dont take the time to study it, you will never find it. :lol:

best moment was when i realized how to use the map in the library. that has lead me to the clues of the rotating tower and eventually got me to a different world.

i was surprised by the new world because i thought Myst was just 1 island full of puzzles. but there's more than just the island.
i was also surprised that i recognized the new world, it was described in one of the book in the library. and knowing how many books there are with places explained in detail... i believe i am far from done :lol:

SkorLock

Post by SkorLock »

My sister and I recently started playing Myst together at our parents' home when we visit. We had been stumped by it back around 2000 when we would've been 8/11 years old so it's kind of neat to go back with adult brainpower. (We've absolutely still been stumped by a few things though this time around).

Wooper

Post by Wooper »

SkorLock wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:53 pm
My sister and I recently started playing Myst together at our parents' home when we visit. We had been stumped by it back around 2000 when we would've been 8/11 years old so it's kind of neat to go back with adult brainpower. (We've absolutely still been stumped by a few things though this time around).
please tell me you also struggle with the minecart maze
please tell me im not the only one

SkorLock

Post by SkorLock »

Absolutely. We were doing guess and check, drawing out some huge, convoluted map of dead ends because we had forgotten about the sound cues from another age.