Things from the past coming back to haunt you

Don't spam here. We don't care if it's your birthday.
NightLock

Things from the past coming back to haunt you

Post by NightLock »

Maybe its just me or the damn pandemic forcing me to go to an unpleasant place but lately I've been having some weird ass thoughts coming by here and now about the past. Most of it seem to be about high school. Now I know this group ain't no medical place or therapy sessions but I'm curious if anyone has been having something like this happening to them lately that it kinda effects your attitude of your every day life.

Could be I'm getting old and shit things not what it used to be. I dunno the damn fires is keeping me from going out right now.

Wooper

Re: Things from the past coming back to haunt you

Post by Wooper »

let me guess,
you dream about people that are long gone from your life, people you were spending time with during your childhood. schoolmates, nannies, playdates... you end up dreaming about a very recent event, the present, or something that you can do at this exact moment but with one of those people of your childhood.

this is very normal. its just your mind being active. let me try to mimic my therapist :lol:

just imagine your mind like a giant library with infinite sections/hallways with infinite books. every book is a memory. you don't remember all of them, but they are still stored there. while dreaming your mind takes a few random books and opens them, and it is trying to merge them into one story, memory or event to make it seem plausible. sometimes they are very realistic, sometimes they are just silly. sometimes you dream about things you thought you'd forgotten, and sometimes you dream about people that are long gone from your life. it doesn't mean anything, its just your mind roaming around in the library.

it is also why you cannot remember something even tho you 100% know it. you forget someone's name, you forget what you ate yesterday, you forget what you were planning to do when you walked in the kitchen.... those moments where you feel stupid as if your mind has a blackout on that specific subject. just imagine you are searching in the wrong section/hallway of your library. you search longer, get more frustrated... but its pointless because you cannot remember it, even when its on the tip of your tongue. i always say; if you can't remember something try again in 5 minutes. more often than not you will remember suddenly when you least think about it; because you are in a different section/hallway.

DCV

Post by DCV »

Oh, basically daily. Mostly just intense shame for shit nobody else remembers on an hourly basis. Probably leads to falling to the dark side and becoming the world's most pathetic Sith who just mopes in the corner, huddled in the fetal position while Jedi just momentarily pause while walking by, feeling a slight dark side tingle and then shrugging and continuing on their way, assuming they were just picking up the vibes of a pissed off fly or something.

Leper Jann Reapson

Post by Leper Jann Reapson »

it seems to happen after a few months of not going out