locklegion.com - IT'S DONE

Don't spam here. We don't care if it's your birthday.
Smashed

Re: locklegion.com

Post by Smashed »

Wooper wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:19 pm
are you all rich or something?
fuck you guys for being rich
Not rich, but not in poverty either, single income, supporting my spouse and I in a rented apartment, able to squirrel away about 200 or so per month, but it largely goes when an unexpected expense occurs.

We're very frugal with the water and power though - to the point that we keep it above freezing but far colder than I'm personally comfortable with during winter, store the "warm-up" water from the shower in a bucket for watering plants or washing once reheated with a kettle.

Oh and most of our food budget is spent on finding either things that store well in bulk for a long time (savings from quantity):
IMG_20200725_143510.jpg
IMG_20200725_143510.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 10358 times
Or are marked down as they about to go out of date and that we can freeze then thaw as needed:
IMG_20200725_143114.jpg
IMG_20200725_143114.jpg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 10358 times
Again, I'm lucky in that my only dependant is the one driving this frugal home, I had a colleague that had to care for their parents and pay the rent for their home and pay down their parents' accumulated debts.
They still managed to squirrel away enough over time to consider getting a valve index on launch.

Focus on all the little things you can be doing too, it's basically a case of the little trickles that build up into rivulets and then a stream over time.

Yes - caveat being that even then, expenses will creep up, I started the year with double the savings I have currently and that could easily half again if things take a turn for the worse.
Although, to be fair, we have a fuck of a lot more social safety nets here in the EU than most places in the States, so - small mercies, even if it doesn't always feel like it!

Also, don't worry too much about whether or not you can contribute financially at the moment, everyone is at different levels of financial stability at any given moment, this time 4 years ago (less 3 weeks) I'd have loved to have been able to spare €5 for some frivolous web community.

As it was, Good Game Studios downsized abruptly, a few weeks into my start and had to let all the new employees go first, then about half of the rest of the staff.

I was bussing to job interviews in Germany, the Czech Republic, Belgium, etc, whilst living off friends' sofas a few months from Lychee and I's planned marriage.

A marriage that ended up being "Vegas style" rushed through in a Danish Town Hall with my Dad, Uncle (his older brother) and Lychee's parents to skirt the prior months to years of living together at the same address.
(Denmark is more relaxed about that thing, but still EU-recognised)
Had to be completed though, since otherwise their visa would have expired and they would have been deported.

(Worth noting here that we opted to move in and marry there, since GGS assured me that they could help with the paperwork.

As much as I hated the role, I was initially reticent to leave the infosec job I had in the UK - since after the end of year adjustment, I'd meet the requirements for Lychee to come over on an engagement visa.)

Basically, what I'm getting at, is don't feel bad about it, life fucks us over at different times in different ways. The Legion won't vanish from you not being able to spare a few coins, it will vanish if you and the other members disappear.
So focus on getting yourself to where you want to be in life's ups and downs and know that you're contributing, just by being a Lock.

Mp3 Lock

Post by Mp3 Lock »

I uber eats my dinner every single day and sometimes I do it for breakfast too.

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach »

pretty soon i can afford to buy the whole dang thing

failing that i'd kick in $50-100

Arrow Lock

Post by Arrow Lock »

I can def throw some cash your way meng.... I gotcha Thursday though.

Aubergine

Post by Aubergine »

One of Banana's steaks could cover half the cost, have you contacted him recently?

Lemming

Post by Lemming »

Mp3 Lock wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:34 pm
Live in China, haven't cooked a meal since 2015, order 3 meals to be delivered a day because I can it's cheap as shit fuck yeah communism woo.

Yes I'd pledge $100 to this cause.
boats and hoes

Courgette

Post by Courgette »

Yeah I'm in, I'll pay whatever up towards 100,-.

YarnLock

Post by YarnLock »

Lemming wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:21 am
Mp3 Lock wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:34 pm
haven't cooked a meal since 2015
I'm so envious. I do 100% of the cooking

NukaLock

Post by NukaLock »

Rated E for Enorphshenschtein

BoxerLock

Re: locklegion.com - UPDATED 28.07.2020

Post by BoxerLock »

I just kicked in $50. Cheers!