pixel rally cars

Post whatever art you make here folks, we want to see it!
Peach
Site Admin

pixel rally cars

Post by Peach »

i drew one for fun and got kind of carried away

TrashLock
Site Admin

Re: pixel rally cars

Post by TrashLock »

That's some impressive stuff peach, you've really upped your game on this pixel art stuff.

Got any of the Lock Legion strategy game assets left? Maybe a fla or something? I'd be really curious to check out my coding style from 10+ years ago if at all possible :)

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach »

i only have one of the final .swfs we exported, afaik you had the master .fla files and i just tossed you the assets to compile

where are we able to upload .swfs

TrashLock
Site Admin

Post by TrashLock »

Peach wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:27 pm
i only have one of the final .swfs we exported, afaik you had the master .fla files and i just tossed you the assets to compile

where are we able to upload .swfs
Ah shit. I've tried going through old hard drives but I couldn't find anything. Guess it's lost forever :(

Well, I added swf as a valid attachment to phpBB so you should be able to post it here.

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach »

ah fuck where can i upload .swfs

TrashLock
Site Admin

Post by TrashLock »

Chrome doesn't seem to like people trying to upload a swf.

I recommend zipping it and posting it here:
Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 15.01.06.png
Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 15.01.06.png (70.45 KiB) Viewed 11101 times

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach »

have at it

in hindsight it's actually quite impressive how much we were able to do, and how well designed it actually was considering we were like 17 and it was the first time i'd ever designed a game

i guess it was foreshadowing of my future career
Attachments
Main_copy(93).rar
(597.36 KiB) Downloaded 510 times

TrashLock
Site Admin

Post by TrashLock »

Peach wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:04 pm
have at it

in hindsight it's actually quite impressive how much we were able to do, and how well designed it actually was considering we were like 17 and it was the first time i'd ever designed a game

i guess it was foreshadowing of my future career
nice! sorry about abandoning that project. it was definitely my fault. i had college and other stuff at the same time and i thought being a dick was the least effort move.

Peach
Site Admin

Post by Peach »

nah its not your fault, it was several magnitudes more complex and work than TFFG, it was unreasonable to expect two 17 year olds to produce a game of that magnitude. still though it's really impressive how much we were able to do despite that. i think like 6 months more work and we could have feasibly made a go of it

i'm unsure it would have been as successful or a good ROI as TFFG was though. grand strategy generally isn't a genre people go wild for

either way i'm super grateful for the opportunity, it started my interest in game design and showed me that i had an affinity for it

TrashLock
Site Admin

Post by TrashLock »

Peach wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:00 pm
nah its not your fault, it was several magnitudes more complex and work than TFFG, it was unreasonable to expect two 17 year olds to produce a game of that magnitude. still though it's really impressive how much we were able to do despite that. i think like 6 months more work and we could have feasibly made a go of it

i'm unsure it would have been as successful or a good ROI as TFFG was though. grand strategy generally isn't a genre people go wild for

either way i'm super grateful for the opportunity, it started my interest in game design and showed me that i had an affinity for it
okay then, you owe me 10 million dollars

e: in all seriousness though, TFFG and that project was also what got me into entrepreneurship. made me realise you can make your own money and don't need an employer to do that.

my mistake in entrepreneurship was not begging for funding from investors. but i guess it matches my moral values which i guess is a win

e2: i remember this game being clearly in the stage of close to completion. it was the biggest software project i ever attacked and i was pretty proud of the architecture. remember the troop simulator and editor? man, that was wild.

maybe we should have considered having a 3rd person join in on the fun