Art from Old to New (2006-2021, Doodles and Drawings) - Updated x4

Post whatever art you make here folks, we want to see it!
Rammstein

Art from Old to New (2006-2021, Doodles and Drawings) - Updated x4

Post by Rammstein »

I was chatting on the Discord the other day when I got the urge to draw again and in searching for some pencils I came across some random old artwork that I thought could be fun to share here! Most of what I've drawn is long gone but it was fun to find a small collection of some drawings.

The art goes from around 2006 to 2020, but since I never wrote down when they were made it's all a guesstimated timeline from oldest to newest.

I remember that I drew this back in my first year of boarding school, so I know this one is made in 2006 which would make it the earliest of the bunch. I was kinda into futuristic, "fallout"-looking things for a little bit and wanted to try out some new sharpies I got in grey to black scale.

I drew this one for the cape and the helmet - Futuristic wasteland wanderer.

One of my first tries at drawing something realistic. I picked a young Wil Wheaton's character from Star Trek:TNG - Wesley Crusher. I never finished it because I started smudging it as I progressed and couldn't keep at it without ruining it :roll: I remember being proud of how the ear, the hair and the contrasted shading turned out!

I've always struggled with periods of intense migraines in my life and this is a doodle I made during an attack that made me unable to sleep in which I tried to express some sort of artistic view on it. I only really liked how the sign with the skull, the eye and the "map" looking thing turned out underneath.

No teenage years are complete without edgy drawings. Here's a flaming skull made with squiggly lines!

Had to cute it up among the edgyness! I remember I drew the eyes of this one first and then filled in around it with whatever came to mind, and it turned out to be a Dratini-like dragon-snake.

Made another try at a realistic graphite drawing, but yet again I had to give up because of smudge-issues. Despite obvious mistakes I remember being happy with the completed parts (eye socket and to the left of it).

When you're not feeling like making any details but feel like drawing a colourful dude, you can just add whatever shapes you like and colour it in!

The only Lock doodle I found, I remember doodling the lock and then tried making spitty around it, but failed rather miserably :lol: however this doodle (and others) changed the way I made locks in flash afterwards in how they were gradiented and "slanted" on the edges.

I got really into the MMORPG Guild Wars 2 since I liked the first one a lot, so I drew one of my Asura characters (I made a lot of Asura characters). I still go back to this game from time to time since they are still releasing great content!

Same Asura character but with a halloween themed helmet and a toxic themed pair of shoulderpads I have in game.

I tried my hand at drawing a pretty serious looking dragon, but ended up becoming disinterested after shading in the yellow parts (I <3 yellow) and not getting the results I wanted on the horns.

So instead I drew the same dragon in a cartoonier style with sharpies! I remember being happy with how it turned out despite the "bleeding" of the sharpies :D

Now jump a couple of years to now where I got a motivation to draw some for fun again. I couldn't find very many pencils that had survived the years since I last was doodling, but I still tried my hand at drawing Picard from Star Trek:TNG and had a great time drawing it!

For my second attempt I picked another of my favourite characters from the Star Trek genre, this time Dr. Julian Bashir from Star Trek:DS9. It was a ton of fun to colour and shade! I look forward to doodling and drawing more in the near future, but I before that I will get new pencils :D

When it comes to digital art I don't have much saved, I've only managed to find two artworks on my current computer that I found on my email.
One is from when I tried out paint.NET for the first time and tried drawing a mountainous desert landscape for a d&d campaign, but I had to cut it down in size to only the mountains as the campaign came up and I never finished the sky nor the desert in front of it!

This is a character known as Omsk and the only drawing I made in Flash that I managed to find. I drew it in 2014 when I reinstalled flash to draw this interesting looking character from the "poland-ball/country-ball" meme comics.
Last edited by Rammstein on Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

BB10

Re: Some Art from Old to New (2006-2020, Doodles and Drawings)

Post by BB10 »

those are absolutely spectacular, rammy!
amazing work, and great shading/lighting effects too!

i like all of them, from the epic skulls, to the realistic portraits, to the cute dratini animal, to the neat dragons, to your guild 2 characters, you are VERY good with your art, keep it up!

Lemming

Post by Lemming »

Your Wesley gives me distinct creepy porcelain vibes haha
boats and hoes

Rammstein

Post by Rammstein »

BB10 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:24 am
those are absolutely spectacular, rammy!
amazing work, and great shading/lighting effects too!

i like all of them, from the epic skulls, to the realistic portraits, to the cute dratini animal, to the neat dragons, to your guild 2 characters, you are VERY good with your art, keep it up!
Thanks BB10!
Lemming wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:48 am
Your Wesley gives me distinct creepy porcelain vibes haha
Uncanny valley? Yeah I have to agree, it didn't turn out so good, but was fun to make back then :D

YarnLock

Post by YarnLock »

Holy crap, your drawings are amazing! I love the second dragon

Rammstein

Post by Rammstein »

I found three LL related drawings on my external HDD from 2008 and 2009.

pixel drawings of Winchester, Wine, Clock, Cat and Spitty (2009)

Spitty (2009)

Peach (2008)

Rammstein

Post by Rammstein »

Experimenting with pencils resulted in a drawing

Rammstein

Re: Some Art from Old to New (2006-2020, Doodles and Drawings) - Updated x2

Post by Rammstein »

Drew Skor with the line tool in Flash - he became a bit chubby :lol:

Legosi from Beastars

"Deep-fried" it and it became nightmare fuel.

Also deep-fried this one and it came out looking kinda cool

Rammstein

Re: Art from Old to New (2006-2020, Doodles and Drawings) - Updated x3

Post by Rammstein »

Had to redraw Skor lock as I was far from happy with the line-tool nonsense earlier ^^ made him cute